Hello everyone!
So again, sorry to bombard you all with a million posts in one day, I just finally had the time and energy to semi-update my blog.
Anyway, I thought I would ask for public participation on this post. Let's see what you guys think:
Last week in my Peace and Conflict Resolution class, my professor showed us a documentary called "Occupation 101." This film is tries to narrate the Palestinian cause of the Israel-Palestine conflict. During the last year of my schooling at Texas A&M University, I have spent hours upon hours reading and researching and deliberating over this subject. I have already made up my mind about the issue, and I will get the chance to develop some sort of peace resolution to this issue in a few weeks. However, I want to know what YOU think. How much do you know what this conflict? How much of that information is propaganda? How much of that is factual information? Is your source credible, biased, updated?
If you are looking for time to kill, I encourage you to read the book The Lemon Tree. I had to read it for class, but it's truly an amazing story that puts a human face on the conflict. The story is told from the perspective of a Jewish girl and an Arab boy, and their lives unit because of one house, a lemon tree, a warped and misunderstood conflict, and the human need to return home.
http://sandytolan.com/the-lemon-tree/
Anyway, here is a link to the documentary we watched. If you have time, watch it, and let me know what you think. For our quiz, we had to answer the following three questions, and I think it would be really neat to get different perspectives on this documentary just for discussion sake:
1) Was the documentary informational? What did you learn? Was it new information, old information?
2) Did the film achieve it's goal? What was this goal?
3) Was this film balanced?
All of these are "in your opinion" questions. I love to discuss this subject, so if you have any thoughts, questions, or whatever, feel free to write them down and we can talk!!
So again, sorry to bombard you all with a million posts in one day, I just finally had the time and energy to semi-update my blog.
Anyway, I thought I would ask for public participation on this post. Let's see what you guys think:
Last week in my Peace and Conflict Resolution class, my professor showed us a documentary called "Occupation 101." This film is tries to narrate the Palestinian cause of the Israel-Palestine conflict. During the last year of my schooling at Texas A&M University, I have spent hours upon hours reading and researching and deliberating over this subject. I have already made up my mind about the issue, and I will get the chance to develop some sort of peace resolution to this issue in a few weeks. However, I want to know what YOU think. How much do you know what this conflict? How much of that information is propaganda? How much of that is factual information? Is your source credible, biased, updated?If you are looking for time to kill, I encourage you to read the book The Lemon Tree. I had to read it for class, but it's truly an amazing story that puts a human face on the conflict. The story is told from the perspective of a Jewish girl and an Arab boy, and their lives unit because of one house, a lemon tree, a warped and misunderstood conflict, and the human need to return home.
http://sandytolan.com/the-lemon-tree/
Anyway, here is a link to the documentary we watched. If you have time, watch it, and let me know what you think. For our quiz, we had to answer the following three questions, and I think it would be really neat to get different perspectives on this documentary just for discussion sake:
1) Was the documentary informational? What did you learn? Was it new information, old information?
2) Did the film achieve it's goal? What was this goal?
3) Was this film balanced?
All of these are "in your opinion" questions. I love to discuss this subject, so if you have any thoughts, questions, or whatever, feel free to write them down and we can talk!!
No comments:
Post a Comment