Monday, June 11, 2012

Allahu Akbar (Allah is Grand): Ifrane and Azrou


Hello everyone! I’m not going to lie, I’m pretty exhausted and I’ve spent all morning on my computer trying to upload my blog and do homework and other shinanigans. Therefore, this post will consist mainly of pictures and vides, hope that doesn’t upset you too much!

Our visit on Sunday was a blast! We kicked off the morning by visiting Ifrane-the “Switzerland” of Morocco. The city was so weird- it was literally like stepping into an alternate reality. Ifrane is where the private university is, and the city looking NOTHING like Morocco. I seriously felt like I was in a mixture of Normandy, Germany, and Switzerland with Moroccan people scattered about…strange strange…






We then began our hiking out trip. We had a delicious breakfast at our guide’s house and then our 3 hour hiking journey began! Being in touch with nature definitely helped relieved the stress I’ve been carrying for the past few days, and the scenery definitely made me realize I was in AFRICA! 









My favorite part of this trip was feeding the monkeys…seriously…I don’t know why I’m still on a high from this, but here is some footage so you can enjoy!  (My video wouldn't upload so I'll try again later)









When we finally made it to the top, the view was breath taking! I think that it was during this trip that I finally understood the meaning of “Allahu Akbar” or “God is great/grand.” We were on top of the world. 

















On our way back to the bus, we were lucky enough to run into a group of musicians shooting some sort of music video-so as we strolled back, we heard the roar of the drums and the sound of their voices echo in the wilderness.






None of this would have been possible without our wonderful guide! Thank you so much for an amazing time and for opening the doors of your home and heart to us! Inshallah, I will return for even more wilderness adventures!




Lastly, I’ll leave you with this awesome video that Tina, another ISA student (this girl has a pretty outstanding story btw) made for our trip. Man, the students on this trip are super creative and artistic. I’ll show you more footage from them in the future, but hope you enjoy!
**PS to watch the video, hit pause on the music from the blog. At the bottom of the screen you will a grey bar. On the far left corner is the pause button! The music from the video is awesome and shouldn’t be interfered with**

SEE VIDEO BELOW!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment