Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The Eternal and Not So Eternal Wait/Flight

So, I caught a break at the Frankfurt airport and got a little  bit of wifi. I'm typing as fast as my little fingers will go...phone won't get service and trying to connect to wifi was not an easy task. Nonetheless, I guess I should be grateful for the chance I have now.

The flight from Houston to Germany was not bad...I think I slept 6 of the 8 hours of the flight while trying to watch Casablanca. The movie was precious-not sure I caught everything because of bad sound and absolute exhaustion, but it was very good. I personally think the love story is super touching and very sad. What can I say, I'm a sucker for those love old timey love stories :).

Missing home...mostly my bed and being able to communicate and not be grumpy. I got lucky though (maybe this is a prediction of good fortune for the trip?!). Originally, I was sitting by myself at the back of the plane, but there was a seat next to my parents a few rows up so I got to move. I also slept most of the flight so that was a plus. Lastly, the flight attendants all seemed to take a liking to me because I pretty much everything I asked for...first dibs on meal, extra drinks, privileges to the bathroom...I felt like Nandy. The good life has it's perks. I'm not wearing any make-up, so I'm not sure if people think I'm naturally pretty or feel pity when they look at me...I would go with the latter haha. I can't help but see the girls who are all fixed up and wonder what their secret is--personally, I vote comfort.

We will be boarding in the next 20 minutes, then we have another 6 hour flight to Cairo. Once we arrive, we have a two hour drive ahead of us to Alexandria. Sights will have to wait until daylight I guess, but I'm wondering about the heat?! Food?! REST?!

I have taken maybe two pics...will upload later.

Hope everyone is having a great day! Enjoy walking freely and think of me in the air! :)

Ma-salama!!

No comments:

Post a Comment